A latke is a potato pancake that most people associate with a Jewish dish, but potato pancakes of some type are in all potato-eating cultures around the world.
Switching out regular potatoes for sweet potatoes makes it a comfort food recipe you can enjoy with much less guilt.
- 2 lbs grated sweet potatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup coconut or almond flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ ts. Ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of greek style yogurt as topping for each serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Coat baking sheets with coconut oil
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Drop by quarter cupfuls onto the baking sheets. Flatten with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 10 minutes
- Add Greek yogurt as a topping or for dipping.